Dating is expensive! Plain and simple, it adds up. And regardless of where you are in your relationship, sometimes you just don’t want to spend money to have an incredible date. We don’t blame you!
Here are 5 fun Denver date ideas that are free to attend & sure to impress.
1. WINTER PICNIC IN THE PARK
Well, it’s almost free. Bring blankets…Tons of them. Make hot chocolate and put it in a giant thermos Pack along some mugs, some cookies, and your snuggle power. Break out that thermos, and I SWEAR…Someone’s heart is going to melt. Try Commons Park right in front of Downtown.
2. FIRST FRIDAY ART WALKS
Get artistic on the first Friday of every month with one of Denver’s awesome art walks.
- Take in the crowd and the scene at the famous Santa Fe Art Walk
- Take it slow with the yuppie art scene at the growing Tennyson Art Walk
- Head north of the river to RINO for a progressive art scene highlighting Denver’s freshest live/work studios
3. GET FRESH AT THE FARMER’S MARKET
In the spring and summer, Denver is lush with farmers’ markets. Hit up one, or go to all of them! Make a tour of it…Riding your bike from market to market, and rewarding yourself at the end with fresh veggies, fruit, and good company.
- The Lower Highlands Highland Untied Neighbors Farmers’ Marketis a great gateway to start your fresh adventure
- Swoop down to South Pearl Street Farmers’ Market
- Stroll on over to one of Denver’s most popular (and fancy) farmer’s market, the Cherry Creek Fresh Market
4. ROMANTIC INTELLECTUAL
Crash an event at Tattered Cover, and meet authors, hear cool stories and take part in thought-provoking presentations. And guess what, they are all usually free! And if you are feeling up to it, roam around and find cool books together. If you are feeling frisky, buy a coffee or tea on the first floor, and take a walk around town.
5. BACK IN TIME WITH DINASOURS
I’m sorry, there is something about seeing dinosaur footprint that just makes me all nerdy and romantic. Drive up as if you are going to Red Rocks, and instead, pull over and walk over to Dinosaur ridge. Check out the real dino-footprints, and I promise you, this will be a first for your date. Take it up a notch and bring some paper and a pensil…Then have a memory of your dino date forever! If the weather is good, walk around on one of the nearby trails. A jurassic adventure without the cost of a private island.
Want to get 3 date ideas every week from us for free? Yeah, you heard me…Every week for FREE! Well, it’s free for now. Sign up for our Beta email list and get date night ideas so hot, you’ll be the best date planner EVER. No really, we are that confident. Subscribe to our email list. No worries, your email is safe with us. Subscribe here >